Babies aren’t born fat. A lot of toddlers aren’t fat. Millions of teenagers are not fat either.
But……we can change that.
1) Take children, of all ages, on a regular basis, to fast food restaurants and let them fill up on burgers, fries and colas.
2) When children become unruly, or you want a break from them, set them down in front of the TV, and let them watch their favorite shows, or play video games, for hours. You will get a great break, and they will put on pounds.
Don’t forget to give them a big bowl of chips or pretzels, and sugar ladened colas. They’ll love you for it.
3) When a child asks for a jump rope, bicycle, skateboard, or scooter, get them a laptop, video game, iPod, or MP3 player instead. After all, wouldn’t you rather know they are safe in their room, rather then having to worry about them playing outside?
4) When buying groceries, stock up on sugar ladened sodas. They are great. At 100 calories each, they will pack on pounds fast. Plus, they are prepackaged in disposable (recyclable) containers, and are portion controlled. But, the best thing, the kids won’t dirty a glass.
5) When you do take children to fast food restaurants, or out for that extra cheese pizza, do not ask them if they want “water or milk”. Let them make their own choice. I bet they’ll choose a soda, or milk shake.
6) Under no circumstance should you have fresh fruit or vegetables available to children. They might actually get to like them, and start losing those pounds. Yikes!!!
7) If you are going to visit Aunt Sue, who lives a block away, make sure you drive. It would be terrible to think of walking, and wearing out those new tennis shoes.
8.) If a child whines or cries, before using any other method, offer them a cookie, ice cream, or donut. All children need to grow up knowing about comfort foods. Right?
9) On the weekends, when you are catching up on the household chores, let the children sleep in. After all, it is so much easier to get things done when they are not under foot. All of the extra sleep will do them good. Plus, hopefully they’ll marry rich, and won’t have to know how to clean or do household chores.
10) If your child wants to enroll in sports, cheer leading, or dance, discourage it. All of the extra activity is bound to keep them in shape. Can’t have that.
If you have read to this point, you must know, raising a child to be fat, is dangerous.
Childhood obesity is on the rise. Obesity in all people. can lead to diabetes, heart disease, numerous other ailments, and even early death.
As parents, it is our responsibility to teach our children better eating habits. We need to teach children how to get more exercise in their daily schedules.
We need to learn how to say “No”.
We must get junk food out of our homes.
We need to set a good example for our children.
Children learn what they live.
Let’s teach them how to live a healthy and active lifestyle.
We say we love our kids, but we may be killing them with food.
Let’s say “No” to raising fat kids.
For another article on teens who are overweight, read Overweight Teens – An Increasing Problem