Today, January 10, 2008, on Oprah, Nate Burkus was one of the guests. (I think it was a rerun)
Nate shared with Oprah and the audience, seven tips for decorating your space.
1) Use lamps instead of overhead lighting. Find ones that compliment your style
2) Utilize nontraditional items as wall art.
3) Nate says that every room needs a piece of sea art. Think seashells, coral, etc…
4) Add one unusual chair. It does not have to match the other furnishings
5) Frame notes or thank yous you receive from friends and family. In a pretty frame, they look great.
6) Decorate with your favorite books. Placing them on your coffee or end table, may be inspired to relax and read.
7) Personalize your space. Include items your love or have picked up while on vacation.
Make your space your own. Although many magazines show beautiful pictures of glamorous rooms, remember, those were done by an interior designer. Although those photos are great for inspiration, show your individuality in your home.
Enjoy decorating. Visit Oprah’s website for more tips and ideas from Nate Burkus.