Today, January 4, 2008, Oprah’s show was all about going green.
Oprah and her guests, suggested the following ways to go green:
1) Get yourself a reusable shopping bag, and use that instead of “paper or plastic”
2) Use your own organic cotton produce bag, when buying fruits and vegetables
3) Use a reusable water bottle, instead of buying bottled water
4) Use bio diesel for diesel powered vehicles
5) Use less paper napkins. Switch to cloth ones at home.
6) Avoid the use of toxic chemicals in your home or business
7) Run your dishwasher full, avoid wasting water
8.) Donate old clothes to charity
9) Buy from resale shops
10) Use power strips on your TV and computer. Turn the power strip off when your TV and/or computer are not in use
11) Change your light bulbs, and use the compact fluorescents
12) Recycle as much as you can…paper, plastics, glass, etc
13) Take shorter showers
14) For junk mail reduction, check with Green Dimes.com
15) To find out what can be recycled in your area, check with Earth 911.org
Want to read more about recycling, check out the following articles:
My Recycling Category is filled with more great ways to recycle and go green, just like Oprah.